Enjoy this post? Sign up for the not-so-daily Inbox Service!

Be in the Moment

Developing mindfulness not only helps you to perform tasks more efficiently and aids your memory – even more importantly, it helps to give meaning to your life. Sit back and listen to the 2-minute reminder as you move through your day.

Posted by: Britt Janssen

A passionate lover of life, traveler, meditator, foodie and a professional Consultant in the field of online Education. This is where she shares this passion with her readers.

20 Comments

1. Jaishree says:
    Wednesday, August 6, 2014 at 2:35pm

Gorgeous! Thank you for your beautiful voice, mood, and sharing. How practical and yet profound!

2. Heidi B says:
    Thursday, December 15, 2011 at 1:39pm

Thanks for the beautiful reminder. Does my soul good to hear your soothing voice (although would love a giggle too!) I was just telling Frank that he should do a practice to remember what we had for dinner for the last week. I make these glorious dinners and then he says, what did we have yesterday? As soon as I remind him, he says, oh yeah, that was delicious. Ha. I’ve been taking five minutes in the morning to give myself an intention for the day (like mindfulness and compassion) and think about the day ahead. It has helped me be more mindful and more conscious.

3. Pracetana dasi says:
    Monday, January 31, 2011 at 6:28pm

Mindfullness, and being in the moment, is a refreshing reminder of the popular:

” BE HERE NOW “, Which many of the old hippies in the 1960′s got a lot of benefit from.

Being in the moment, or in others being
    “Conscious” was the great gift Srila Prabhupada gave in his Bhagavadgita.

The moment we feel, the soothing fresh water being swallowed to quench our thirst,,,,that is Krsna.

The moment we relish the sweet fragrance of a newly blossomed flower in the spring,,,that is Krsna.

The moment we hear the amazing rumble of the thunder cloud and experience the lightening flash in the darkened sky…that is Krsna.

In a moment of silence……when all is still, and feel our breath going in and out….that is Krsna.

When we are mindful in appreciating the ability of man………that is Krsna.

Oh Krsna, it is so amazing that You are Everywhere, yet You remain hidden at the same time.

• Britt says:
      Friday, February 18, 2011 at 9:42pm

Well Said Pracetana dasi!

Haribol :)

4. ramananda das says:
    Friday, December 17, 2010 at 11:26pm

Thanks. This is really helping me.

5. Candramukhi says:
    Sunday, December 5, 2010 at 4:50am

Awesome website!
    Nice words of wisdom….look forward to more.

• Britt says:
      Sunday, December 5, 2010 at 9:26am

Yes, Candramukhi…there will be more!
      I would love to hear if this exercise works for you. Presence and gratitude to be in the moment takes practice. These reminders are good.
      Thanks a bunch,
      Britt

6. Manjari says:
    Sunday, December 5, 2010 at 4:09am

Your voice is so soothing! I am going to try this.

• Britt says:
      Sunday, December 5, 2010 at 9:24am

Manjari!
      I look forward to you sharing your experience after trying this exercise. Being in the moment can be so challenging with all that we want to accomplish in the future. Please let us know how it goes.
      Thank you so much listening.
      Britt

7. Khalilah says:
    Saturday, December 4, 2010 at 9:47pm

Pretty Interesting thought.
    Living the Present moment..& Remembering it…
    I’ll definately try it out!!

• Britt says:
      Sunday, December 5, 2010 at 9:18am

Khalilah,
      Yes being present can be so difficult when we are lamenting or craving the past and or worried about or wishing for the future. Please let us know how it works :)
      Thanks again!
      Britt

8. Ananda Mayi says:
    Saturday, December 4, 2010 at 3:54pm

Thats very interesting.. Im going to try for sure! I needed to hear what i just heard =)

thanks bhanu!

love

Ananda

ps: ohnonono!

• Britt says:
      Sunday, December 5, 2010 at 9:14am

Haribol Ananda! Please let us know if it helps and share your experience.
      Keep visiting the site for other interesting reminders.
      Thanks so much,
      Britt

9. Karla says:
    Monday, November 29, 2010 at 8:29pm

Lovely!

• Britt says:
      Sunday, December 5, 2010 at 9:05am

Thanks a bunch Karla!

10. Subal says:
    Monday, November 29, 2010 at 9:36am

I used to employ this remembrance technique before to help me sleep more soundly. I could sleep for 2-3 hours and awaken re-energized feeling like I slept a full 7-8 hours. I don’t know how, but it worked well for me.

• Britt says:
      Sunday, December 5, 2010 at 9:05am

Subal, I need to follow this exercise more because your findings are great! I sleep well but would love to sleep less.
      Thanks so much,
      Britt

11. Rob Elings says:
    Monday, November 29, 2010 at 8:10am

Great stuff. I am looking forward to more.

12. Britt says:
    Friday, November 26, 2010 at 1:08pm

Hi Raghava!

I certainly know that I need reminders to be more mindful and so many other topics for hightened living. We will definitely be posting more readings, exercises and thoughts.

Thanks a bunch!

Britt

13. Raghava Pandit das says:
    Friday, November 26, 2010 at 12:01pm

You are my hero. Thanks for posting this.
    Are you planning to do more of these inspiring readings?

Yrs